Terms of Access
IMPORTANT: THIS NOTICE GOVERNS USE OF THIS WORLD WIDE WEB SITE ("SITE") GBM.SCOTIABANK.COM. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS THIS SITE.
- The trademark “Scotiabank”, together with “Global Banking and Markets”, is a marketing name for the global corporate and investment banking and capital markets businesses of The Bank of Nova Scotia and certain of its affiliates in the countries where they operate, including Scotia Capital Inc., used under license.
- This site contains information regarding the products and services of the corporate and investment banking businesses of The Bank of Nova Scotia; Scotia Capital Inc.; Scotia Capital (USA) Inc.; Scotiabanc Inc.; Citadel Hill Advisors L.L.C.; The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company of New York; Scotiabank Europe plc; Scotia Capital (Europe) Limited; Scotiabank (Ireland) Limited; Scotiabank Inverlat S.A., Institución de Banca Múltiple, Grupo Financiero Scotiabank Inverlat; Scotia Inverlat Casa de Bolsa S.A. de C.V., Grupo Financiero Scotiabank Inverlat; Scotia Inverlat Derivados S.A. de C.V., Grupo Financiero Scotiabank Inverlat; Scotia Waterous Inc.; among others. These businesses and the corporations which provide them (including various other subsidiaries) are collectively referred to as "Scotiabank" in this site. Not all products and services mentioned in this site are provided by each of these corporations; the products and services are provided by the entity which is authorized by law to provide the product and service.
- Information in this site regarding services and products of Scotiabank is applicable only in jurisdictions where such services and products may lawfully be offered for sale and is void where prohibited by law. Whether you access this site from inside or outside of Canada, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local, national and international laws. Not all products and services are available across Canada or in all countries. You may not be able to deal directly with all of the corporations represented by Scotiabank. All Scotiabank products and services are subject to the terms of applicable agreements. Descriptions of Scotiabank products and services in this site may include accompanying legal disclaimers, restrictions and disclosures of importance. You are deemed to have notice of them regardless of your use or down loading of only a part of this site.
- This site is established solely to provide you with information. It may not be used to place, buy or sell orders for securities or commodities, or to give instructions regarding accounts maintained by any user with Scotiabank. For information regarding your existing accounts, contact your relationship manager. Scotiabank makes no warranty or representation as to the correctness or completeness of such information. Information in this site is subject to change without notice. Scotiabank does not, and does not intend to, and expressly disclaims any duty to, update or correct information on this site.
- Use of this site is not intended and shall be deemed not to create any legal relationship of whatsoever kind between the user and Scotiabank or to amend or vary any existing legal relationship.
- 6. This site, including the facts, data, information and other contents contained in it, is not intended to be:
(a) a comprehensive or detailed statement concerning the matters addressed;
(b) investment, tax, banking, accounting, legal, or other professional or expert advice;
(c) an offer to sell or buy or a recommendation to buy or sell any stock, bond or other financial instrument,
and every user of this site is advised to seek professional advice before acting or omitting to act on any part of the site.
- This site may include forward-looking statements about objectives, strategies and expected financial results of Scotiabank. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to uncertainties beyond the control of Scotiabank, including but not limited to economic and financial conditions globally, regulatory development in Canada and elsewhere, technological developments and competition. The reader is cautioned that the member's actual performance could differ materially from such forward-looking statements.
- Scotiabank and/or their respective officers, directors or employees may from time to time acquire, hold or sell securities and/or commodities and/or commodity futures contracts mentioned in this site as principal or agent. Scotiabank may have acted as financial advisor and/or underwriter for certain of the corporations mentioned in this site and may have received and may receive remuneration for same.
- World wide web sites accessed by hypertext links ("hyperlinks") appearing in this site have been independently developed by parties other than Scotiabank, and Scotiabank has no control over information in any hyperlinked site. Scotiabank is providing hyperlinks to users of this site only as a convenience. Scotiabank is not responsible for the quality, content or reliability of any information in any hyperlinked site. The inclusion of any hyperlink in this site should not be construed as an endorsement by Scotiabank of the information in such hyperlinked site and does not imply that Scotiabank has investigated, verified or monitored the information in any such hyperlinked site. Should you wish to inquire about creating a link from your world wide web site to this site, or about the use of the names of the Scotiabank corporations, contact the Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets Marketing Department by telephone at (416) 860-1690 for written authorization.
- The reference to any independent organization should not be construed as an endorsement by Scotiabank of such organization's services or products.
- Reuters and other "feed" services are not related to and are independent of Scotiabank. Scotiabank is providing information from Reuters and other "feed" services to you as a convenience. Scotiabank did not investigate or verify any such information and the inclusion of any such information does not imply that Scotiabank endorses it. Scotiabank makes no representation as to the accuracy of such information.
- Reuters content is the intellectual property of Reuters Limited. Any copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Reuters, the Reuters Dotted Logo and the Sphere Logo are registered trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world. To the extent permitted by law, Scotiabank shall not be liable for any damages suffered or incurred by the user of this site or any third person arising out of any faults, interruptions or delays in the Scotiabank site or the Reuters Services and any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the Scotiabank and Reuters content. Except as expressly stated in this site, there are no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations (in this paragraph called "Warranties") as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or other warranties, whether express or implied, in law or in fact, oral or in writing. All software is provided "as is" without any representations or Warranties. Each user hereby acknowledges that it has not relied upon any representations or Warranties of Scotiabank or Reuters Information Services (Canada) Limited.
- This site is not a secure medium for communication. Any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information transmitted by a user by means of this site may be read and copied by unauthorized persons. We recommend that you not include private and sensitive information in e-mails to us, including, but not limited to, account numbers, balances, passwords, etc. Scotiabank will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer if you transmit confidential or sensitive information to us through e-mail.
- Copyright in the content of this site, including the screens displaying the pages and their arrangement, is owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Users of this site may copy this site for their own personal use but without the prior written permission of The Bank of Nova Scotia may not republish or reproduce any substantial part of this site in any manner whatever, including electronically reproducing this site by "uploading", "downloading" or "accessing" this site onto the Internet or any other local or international computer system, and any such unauthorized use constitutes copyright infringement. Any report included in this site may not be reproduced in whole or in part, or referred to in any manner whatsoever, nor may the information, opinions, and conclusions contained in it be referred to without in each case the prior express consent of The Bank of Nova Scotia. Use of any software downloaded from this site is governed by the terms of any license agreement provided with that software.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia is the owner of the following Canadian trademarks: Scotiabank; Scotia; Flying “S” and design; Scotiabank, Flying “S” and design; ScotiaMocatta; and Scotia Waterous; and has additional trademarks and service marks in Canada and other countries, designated by the symbols ® and ™ (or *) for registered and unregistered marks respectively.
- Canadian laws apply to this site and to the use of this site by any user, notwithstanding the domicile, residence or physical location of the user. The user of this site submits and attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario to determine any proceeding arising out of the use of this site.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia is a public limited company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and whose charter is the Bank Act of Canada. The head office of The Bank of Nova Scotia is located at Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is authorised and regulated by the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada. The Bank of Nova Scotia and Scotiabank Europe plc are authorised by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority. The Bank of Nova Scotia is subject to regulation by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority. Scotiabank Europe plc is authorised by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and the UK Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of The Bank of Nova Scotia's regulation by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.
- U.S. Residents: Scotia Capital (USA) Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotia Capital Inc. Any U.S. person wishing further information or to effect transactions in any security discussed herein should contact Scotia Capital (USA) Inc. at (212) 225-6500.